Education: Business Management for Building Professionals - March 24, 2017
Many business owners in the home building business industry acquired trade skills by working for others. At some point, they decided they would be more successful by starting their own businesses. While trade experience and competence are essential when starting a business, successfully staying in business and making a profit requires skills and tools that many business owners have never acquired. This course explains critical elements and presents practical tips and tools for managing a business successfully.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common business challenges and ways to overcome them
- Describe the three basic functional areas of a business
- Describe how to plan effectively for achieving business success
- Describe the organization and processes that a company needs to have in place to run efficiently
- Identify methods for recruiting, interviewing, training and retaining quality personnel
- Identify performance tools to help you achieve success
- Identify methods for evaluating your progress
This Course Qualifies For:
- 6 AIA/CES LU
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
This class is required for CAPS Certification along with CAPS I & CAPS II.
Designations: CAPS,CGA,CGB,CGP,CGR,Master CGP,Master CSP
Continuing Education Credits: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRMThe National Association of Home Builders is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this event will be reported to CES Records for AIA members by the Provider. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available upon request.